Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11 weeks, 2 days



According to babycenter.com, Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming
A lot of the first trimester symptoms are starting to ease off a little. I’m usually only queasy at night now, rather than all day. I’m still really tired, and my hips hurt very badly. I actually got a night last week where I didn’t have to get up to go to the bathroom. And it seems like even though I’m tired, I haven’t slept well since about five weeks. I wake up several times through the night and wake up wished I could sleep another five hours! Sometimes it would be nice to be a cat. Eat, sleep, play a little, sleep, eat, sleep, sleep, sleep…

Overall I enjoy being pregnant. It’s not always fun, but I like it. I was trying to explain it to Nathan but I don’t think he understands. It feels like I’m doing what I was created to do, and for the first time I might like my body. I like the feeling of life inside me, and taking care of it for months. I’m excited to feel movement and to get a real “baby bump”. Of course , around month nine I’m told that I will wish the baby belly would NOT be quite so big, and that the long-anticipated movements will then be bruising my ribs and making me wet my pants. Haha, well, I can enjoy it now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling some better. I think God designed it so you can't sleep well now so you'll be prepared for months, possibly years, of not sleeping well:) Oh, guess that wasn't very encouraging:) I really hope you can talk to the dr. about the hip/back pain. I'm glad that you are enjoying being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete